The Joint Entrance Examination mainly known as JEE Main & Advance conducts by National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Main is a national level entrance exam for admission in Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/ B.Tech/BArch/ B.Planning) of the National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). The exam holds twice a year before admissions in the forthcoming academic session respectively in January and April. The benefits of adding one attempt give one more opportunity to improve scores or missed the first exam beyond any reason so that students can avoid the chance of dropping one academic year.
JEE Main 2020 Notification
Before initiating the JEE Main Application Form, NTA publishes JEE Main Notification for each exam. It is Information Bulletin covering all around the JEE Main Examination which includes revised guidelines, important dates of the current session, eligibility criteria, application form, registration process, exam date, Reservations, age limit, and many others. Thus it is recommended to read notification to know about form and exam in brief. The JEE Main Examination consists of both the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based (offline) exam.
- B.E/ B.Tech – CBT only
- B.Arch – Mathematics Part-I and Aptitude Test-Part II in CBT and Drawing Test Part III in offline mode on A4 size drawing sheet.
- B.Planning – Mathematics Part-I, Aptitude Test Part-II, and Planning Based Questions Part-III in CBT only.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Age Criteria – No age limit to apply for JEE Main.
Qualification Criteria –
- Applicant must have passed the 12th or two-year Pre-University exam or equivalent standard exam from any recognized board.
- They may also have at least a 3-year duration Diploma recognized by AICTE or any State board of technical education.
- An aspirant must have at least 5 subjects in 12th class examination. It is mandatory to passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects including one among Biology/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Specific Passing Marks/ Percentage are not prescribed to be part of the examination. That means if the candidate has passing marks can proceed either.
- If the aspirant is appearing in 12th or any equal class in the same year they are eligible for JEE Main also.
- NIOS and Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination candidates are eligible also to apply for this examination.
- A diploma holder candidate can apply in JEE Main in order to appear in JEE Advanced.
- Board marks will not be included in the calculation of JEE Main Score 2020.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are mandatory in the Intermediate exam for the 2nd Paper of B.Arch. As well as applicants should have 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
Online Application Form Apply
For Fresh Candidates – those applicants who didn’t appear in JEE Main exam ever need to apply Online Application Form at jeemain.nta.nic.in-
Step-1: First of all a Fresh Candidate have to Register for Online Form. Keep in mind to supply asked personal information during filling the Online Application and create PASSWORD as well as choose Security Question inducing its Answer. Upon successful submission of the details, A Application Number will be generated. This number will be required to complete the further process of the Application Form so save the Application Number.
Step-2: Moving on in process of Completing the JEE Main Application Form, the applicant has to login with the previously generated Application Number and created Password.
Step-3: Upload Scanned Photograph, Signature, and 12th Exam Admit Card/ Mark sheet/ Certificate of the aspirant.
- Scanned photograph (Color/ B&G) and signature should be in JPG/ JPEG format where the photograph should be between 10 to 200 kb and signature should be in the range of 4 to 30 kb. Facility for Photograph and Signature image correction will not be provided later.
- The size of the remaining scanned documents must be between 50 to 500 kb.
Step-4: In the next step of the process, follow the online instruction pay the fee using Debit or Credit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI and PayTM. On successful payment, the applicant can print the Confirmation Page. If the Confirmation Page does not appear after successful payment then the transaction amount will be refunded to the same account. In such a case the applicant has to make another transaction to generate Confirmation Page.
NTA JEE Exam Date
The National Talent Agency is organizing the JEE Main exam after the online application form process complete. As per current scenarios, the Joint Entrance Exam Mains are conducted twice in the year a January or May month. However, the NTA is releases the schedule fo Online or Offline Test by candidates that are going to appear. The Date of Examination, Timing, and Download Admit Card, etc details are notified before one or two weeks of the exam commence. However, the aspirants qualify JEE Main and eligible for Advance is separately issue the JEE Entrance Exam Admit Card online mode only.
JEE Main Result
NTA conducts JEE Main two times in a year; the first attempt in January and the second one in April. Result for JEE (Main) January with NTA scores all the shifts of B.E/ B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning declare in two to three weeks from the last day of examination. This year’s January examination results declared on January 17, 2020, while the results of the second attempt were scheduled to be announced on April 30, 2020.
JEE Main Admission Counselling
Aspirants shall be offered admission in NITs, IIITs, and participating CFTIs on basis of choices filing and All India Ranks of JEE Main following the process of Seat Allocation announced by CSAB/ JoSAA. Aspirants could be able to make their choices of branches/ programs and institutes. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has responsible for JEE Main counseling and seat allotment for admission. First of all, aspirants have to register online at the JoSAA’s official website to participate in the JEE Main Seat Allotment process. Lock the choice of programs and colleges before the last date. JoSAA conducts seven rounds of counseling then two mock rounds. Thus, on the basis of filled choices, seat allotment process will be performed. After that, Seat Acceptance fee against allotted seats has to pay via Net Banking or e-Challan. Documents verification will be done on the reporting center. The final step of JEE Main Admission Counselling is reporting to the allotted institutes with original certificates on reporting date and time slot.
JEE Advance 2020 Exam Date
As of now officially JEE Advanced 2020 is rescheduled to conduct on Sunday, September 27, 2020. This examination date may change as per the situation at that time.